Sunday, February 8, 2009

INTO THE WIND

Today was the first long ride (16mi) on the new TREK. I went with a friend Drew, he's a sophomore T-com major. His mom gave him her old Schwinn World Sport bike, real sweet retro (red). So we took a ride and he is really getting into it. It was a lot of fun riding easy, enjoying the beautiful weather, cows, landscape, and just talking. I know he's hooked and we'll ride a lot. Hopefully he'll join the club next time I ride with them, which will be soon.

Riding with no hands is had to keep it stable. The bike is much lighter, so each peddle sways it slightly to each side. I'm getting better handling it, it's very nice. SO MANY GEARS! 24 as opposed to 12. Double the gears, double the shifting. It's just such a jump changing my front derailleur, i feel like I have to click in 2-3 gears on my rear cogs just to compensate for a large adjustment.

It's fast, that's for sure. Coasting is a breeze. What a blessing, much more to come, STAY TUNED.

No comments: