Tuesday, October 7, 2008

Directing Numero Du: CONVOCATION

Convocation in the Conn Center was great tonight. Fresh crew on the cams, and I was able to direct the whole night. It feels good to have Jeff's trust the entire time as opposed to him breathing down my neck the whole time. It's a great freedom, and forces you to perform.

Of course there were minor slips because some were first timers, but that's understood. All in all, they did great. They had some great wide and close up pans, and beautiful pulls.

What a blessing the entire night was. Great people to work with, and a great service to record. Thank God for the opportunity to direct so much and I'm only a junior! There is just no other way to get better at it, you need to just DO it.

Seems like my future career specifications have been changing as I learn more in video. It began with the old RCA VHS camcorder me and Carmello bought off of Ebay for about $50. Here is the time line of my involvement in video, as all of this has happened very recently thanks to Lee:

- Analog VHS / Hi8 camera work (early High School)
- Fascination with ULead video studio demo on PC
- Analog to Digital video converting for editing
- Windows Movie Maker
- Adobe Premier 1.5 then 2.0 (College Sophomore)
- Job from Transformers Lip Sync playing in Conn Center Chapel
- First time working with manual camera controlls (JVC HDV110)
- Lee Basketball floor cam (2nd semester)
- Editing for Inside Lee Basketball TV show
- Winterfest Stop Motion Promo (first project with the guys in HDV)
- Massive 65+ freelance VHS-DVD editing project (still pluggin away at it)
- N. Cleveland COG Camera crew for Chad Guyton
- Directing: Dixon center Presidential concert
- Directing: Night convocation 3-cam shoot

I don't know why God seems to throw me into things and FORCE me to be good at them. I give him all the glory for everything I do because it seems to be done fluidly and naturally. Thank God for Lee and the opportunities here. Ron said that in all four of his college years, he only got MINUTES of directing time...so directing entire services is a huge blessing.

Until next post people, hopefully i'll have some epic cycling news. I don't know how much faster I can go beyong 46mph without traveling to the alps.

The old panasonic may just explode.


....................Many new video promos/projects to come. Check facebook and youtube. Thanksssss.

No comments: