Friday, September 19, 2008

My Civil War

This isn't about cycling, but I have to write about my war experiences.

For those of you who don't know, my boss Ron Gilbert has a contact with the head of Lionheart Films. Me and some other Lee students volunteered to help. Our names will be put in teh credites whether or not our shots are used. I WILL FIGHT FOR MY SHOTS! This crew does a lot of war reenactments, plus much more. So basically, I am driving to Chickamauga, GA back and forth all weekend to film the 5 battles in the area. It is in the middle of no where. I felt as though I was at the set of a LOTR set, but with a southern twist. Horses from all hemispheres gathered and hundreds of Federal and Confederate soldiers joined together in a massive hobby-game of LARP....hahaha that's the way I saw it.

It was awesome. I'm starting to get used to the random BOOMING of cannons at any moment. earplugs are a must. So I am shooting with them all day Saturday, and one midday battle on Sunday. It has been fun meeting a lot of freelance video people. I enjoy the freelance life, bit I would like to do that on the side. I pray that God would provide me a steady video job preferably as senior editor of a film company. That is the dream. Something to do with wildlife would be insanely awesome. I've always loved videoing nature, animals, and scenery.

So this opportunity is pretty huge for the resume. Back to war tomorrow bright and early. I shall report back....

CYCLING: Me and Mike took a nice, hilly route tonight and cruised around campus afterwards. He has the downhill weight advantage for sure, but his climbing abilities will come in time. FEEL THE BURN MIKE! FEEL IT! So life is good people, life is gooooooood.

1 comment:

jeffsalyerjr said...

Make those connections man!

I am suprised you didn't get captured and tried as a spy. That would have been a cool twist on your situation.