Friday, September 5, 2008

Scott's Bicycle Centre

Today was a good day, I'd say. Me and Mike finally got out to a bicycle shop, Scott's Bicycle Centre to be exact. They have a TON of bicycles. Many, many beautiful Trek road bicycles. Lee students get a 20% discount off of repairs and products, so that's where I'll get my new road bike before I graduate. I plan to buy at least a $2,000 bicycle so I can get a good discount. It seems worth it, I'm done growing, so that can be my bike for life. This is what I plan to do anyways, if it is God's will.

One of the head guys there was really interesting and told me about their weekly rides and upcoming events. I may do video and/or stills for a mountain biking race with biking MASTER Gary Fisher. I guess he's a pretty huge deal in the world of mountain biking, I've never heard of him though. I'd say God has something brewing here. The first day I step into the store my talents are being requested. USE ME LORD.

I hope to head to the Whitewater Center in Blue Ridge, GA to volunteer filming or shooting stills for the store. I'll get a jersey, some other cycling goodies, and a food explosion out of it. Whenever I am challenged to step out of my comfort zone and try new things, I immediately hesitate. Quite frequently, I have thought these situations through after the fact and have obliged. After leaving the shop, I shot them an e-mail, so I'll get all the info in hopes of attending.

So that was really cool. I've been back on my cycling high just like when I started...so that's a great feeling again. Me and my friend Golden have been doing night bicycle rides around Lee's campus and around town for hours. It's been great to loosen up the legs and just relax on the bike. Very enjoyable.

So I ran about 4 1/2 miles around town and on the Greenway with Golden riding beside me, he voluntarily held up his cell phone and blasted his ring tones so he could pump me up. Hahaha, it was quite hysterical, he's such a good friend. What a blessing he's been since I met him in HYPE my first semester at Lee. What a day. For those of you who don't know, his nicknames for me have warped quite drastically. Let me explain:

It started as Rocco, then Rugu, then Reegu, then ending at "Goo Goo." Hahahahahahaha what a ridiculous nickname, man that kid is hysterical. Anyways...

So I finished the run, and as I pulled my house key out of the inside of my left shoe, the sweat immediately began to pour...as usual. I wiped my face off inside the apartment, and got my shoes on to get on the bike for a leisure ride. It felt as if I was participating in a small scale triathlon...soon to swim UP the Ocoee river. Never. So my legs felt so great, very enjoyable and cool outside as well.

My prayer is this: That I would get to know Cleveland's cycling community and spread the love of Jesus Christ to everyone I meet. If it is God's will, to become regularly involved in rides, relationships, and media opportunities through Scott's Bicycle Centre and other cycling stores locally. Also, to create and head up a well oiled cycling club at Lee University; complete with matching jerseys and the likes. Lord give me the passion to do your will.

No comments: