Tuesday, September 30, 2008

Cycling and Directing

So recently i've been on the tuesday / thursday hard ride program. Today will be our first Lee U Cycling club ride (about 20-25 miles). We'll see how many people actually make it out. Thursday I'll be getting some sweet new pedals and shoes so that should be interesting to get used to clip ins. Me and mike have been doing some light riding between Tuesdays and Thursdays, just to turn the pedals a little bit. School and videos have consumed my life, so I wish I could be riding more. I guess God wants to use me for all kinds of video projects, so I'll DO WHAT HE WANTSSS.

Presidential concert was last night in Dixon center. I was on board just as backup in case they didn't have enough people helping out. Ron didn't know I hadn't directed before, so he gave me the reigns a few minutes after it started. The show was a string quartet, really good in fact. So I was using the standard Def. switcher for the whole show. Basically, it was EPIC. I had been praying about it since last semester when I was going to direct a few events. This was my first time, and it couldn't have gone any smoother. Jennifer was laying down heavy audio as the "top dogs" in the studio were grillin' and chillin,' sucking down Jazzmines coffee and cookies.

The camera ops were new, some newer than others, but they really did a great job. Initial explaining was thorough, and they really performed well. All around, a great multi-cam shoot to start on. Hopefully I'll be directing more as the semesters go on so I can get more comfortable in more intense settings. What an epic day, time to study, eat, video edit, film, go to class, ride, VIDEO VIDEO VIDEO.

1 comment:

jeffsalyerjr said...

You ran the show perfectly after I had to interject a little advice to my young camera people about headroom and focus.